InfoMart’s Privacy Mission Statement
InfoMart (“we” “us” or “our”) obtains information regarding an individual (“you” or “your”), who has consented in writing, with an objective of supplying information to a subscriber identified by you, for entry screening purposes. In the context of the SymTem Application (the “SymTem App”), the information gathered regarding you is intended to help organizations prevent and track the spread of COVID-19.
Collection of Data Via the SymTem Application
We obtain information about you when you provide it to us via the SymTem App and automatically when you use the SymTem App.
Categories of Personal Data
The personal data collected via the SymTem App includes:
- Identifiers (name, email address, worksites) – We use this information to manage your account and contact you with necessary information. We share this information a subscriber identified by you who then uses the information for the purpose of determining whether you are approved to access the worksite.
- Professional/employment-related information – We use this information to affiliate you with your affiliated subscriber and share information you enter into the SymTem App with a subscriber.
- Health information – We use this information to determine whether you meet a subscriber’s parameters and guidelines for entering the a place of business.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (IP addresses automatically collected) – We use this information to maximize the operability of the SymTem App.
- Camera – We will request access to your camera to scan QR codes and/or if the subscriber requests a photo upload of the thermometer reading in your daily temperature assessment.
With whom do we share personal data?
We may disclose information about you:
- If we are required to do so by law, regulatory obligation, or legal process;
- In response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities or regulatory bodies;
- For the purpose of or in connection with legal proceedings, or otherwise for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate as a matter of law; or
- In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
We may also (i) compile use data and aggregated statistics based on personal information and other information and (ii) sell or otherwise distribute such aggregated statistics to third parties, including without limitation to vendors or other customers of InfoMart.
We will keep your personal data only for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which personal data is collected as stated herein; for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and/or between the subscriber and us, if any; and to comply with legal and statutory obligations, such as in tax, regulatory and corporate laws. When we no longer need your personal data for our purposes, including regulatory purposes, we will destroy, delete or erase that personal data or convert it into an anonymous form.
Security, Onward Transfer, and Information Sharing
As a Consumer Reporting Agency (“CRA”) we are actively engaged in ensuring our systems and data are secure. Once we receive personal data, we take steps to protect its security on our systems. In the event we request or transmit sensitive information, we use industry standard Transport Layer Security (“TLS”) encryption. An ICSA-certified, stateful packet inspection firewall, data storage on externally inaccessible servers, and other technology industry best practices further protect our systems and their data.
The information you provide to InfoMart is used exclusively by InfoMart subscriber identified by you and is only further shared by InfoMart if necessary in performing our services with our in-country or in-region partners. Our in-country or in-region partners may perform the verifications that will abide by the local privacy and data regulations.
Our emphasis on privacy and security is reflected in the way we operate. We strictly limit access to personally identifiable information to those who are authorized, including approved employees or third parties (in-country and/or in-region researchers, information retrievers, representatives and contracted agents) who need access to carry out their job responsibilities. InfoMart requires its employees and contractors handling user data to pass a thorough background check, and data and security training is a key element of our new employee orientation. All waste paper documents are shredded onsite and state-of-the-art security equipment monitor and control the entrances to our premises.
In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU and Swiss individuals received pursuant to the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks, InfoMart is potentially liable.
A “cookie” is a piece of information stored on your computer or cell phone. Although cookies are used for a variety of purposes, our application only uses temporary “session” cookies that do not contain any personal information about you and they are automatically removed from your computer or cell phone once you log out of our software, close your browser, or perform no activity within the software for a period of 20 minutes.
Links to Other Sites
California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the state of California, the following rights are available to you under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Right to access
You have the right to request that we disclose the categories of personal data collected, the categories of sources from which personal data is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collection, the categories of third parties with which we share personal data, and the specific pieces of personal data that we have about you. You also have the right to request that we provide your personal data to you in a readily useable format.
Right to request deletion
You have the right to request that we delete personal data that we collected from you. Note, however, that certain requests to delete personal data may be denied if we are required to retain the information as a matter of law, the information is necessary for detecting security incidents, exercising free speech, protecting or defending against legal claims, or for internal uses reasonably aligned with consumer expectations. InfoMart may be required to let the subscriber know that you have requested data deletion.
Right to non-discrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercise of these privacy rights. We do not offer financial incentives related to the provision of data.
You have the right to designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf.
To exercise any of these rights:
Email – SymTem@backgroundscreening.com
Mail – SymTem
ATTN: Applicant Advocates
1582 Terrell Mill Rd
Marietta, GA 30188
Policy & Changes
ATTN: Applicant Advocates
1582 Terrell Mill Rd
Marietta, GA 30188