For more infomation about
our services contact us online
or call 1-800-800-3774.
I must say we are extremely happy with the service InfoMart provides.
- Helena S.
View more >>
Employee Reference Checks
A candidate’s personal or professional references can help you figure out whether your applicant will be a good fit for your company.
As with any other tool used to determine the qualifications of a potential new hire, employee reference checks can give you insight into an applicant’s attitudes and work ethic.
Through open-ended interviews, InfoMart personnel will gather information pertaining to the applicant, delving into an applicant’s character traits, reliability, demeanor, strengths, and attitude.
When Is There A Need For Reference Checks?
As you begin your hiring process, you’ll be receiving applications from hundreds of candidates with a wide variety of experience, some with extensive experience and others with little to none.
InfoMart provides a variety of background checks to help you narrow down those hundreds of applications. Reference checks are a good step toward finding the most qualified candidate for you.
Reference checks help you confirm that a candidate’s resume or application is valid, and that their qualifications are truly in line with what you need.
What We Ask During Reference Checks
We focus on straightforward questions first in order to establish rapport, and then move on to more substantive, open-ended topics to dig deeper into your candidate's past work and personal reference relationships.
Information we often collect from references include:
- Dates of employment, title, and salary.
- Eligibility for rehire and reasons for leaving.
- Internal advancement in the company.
- Responsibilities while employed.
- Strengths and weaknesses of employee.
- Records of tardiness or absenteeism.
- Interaction with other employees, management, and customers.
- Considerations for final job hire decision.
Reference questions can be customized to the specifications of your hiring policies and the information you need.
InfoMart also provides a standard template for personal references that encompasses multiple topics. Some of the questions include:
- How long have you known the applicant and under what circumstances?
- Provide at least three words that describe the candidate’s best qualities.
- Would you consider the applicant trustworthy and reliable?
- List any special training or education the applicant has obtained.
- Discuss any areas in which the candidate needs improvement.
- Would you recommend this applicant to a prospective employer?
Protecting Your Company
InfoMart focuses on the most important part of your business: your employees. When we provide our services to you, we make sure the information provided helps streamline your hiring process.
Our expert team ensures you’ll have the most accurate and comprehensive information you need in order to hire the right employee who will enhance your company.
Contact us for more information about our services at 1-800-800-3774.